Photo’s added to blog for posterity.
Well, I managed to get it done. I could still touch up some of the models but there you go. I want to move on to something new. After all the hard work, the game I was hoping to play at Warhammer World was postponed. Here are the piccies….. I never want to paint this many models again. The whole project must have come in at 100 hours from build to what you see. The paints used were Vallejo Game Color. The surface of the models has not been varnished…. just in case I get the energy to add more detail…. 🙂
1 x Night Goblin (NG) Warboss plus wargear/magic (55 points)
1 x NG BSB plus magic banner (50 points)
1 x NG Boss
2 x NG Shaman plus magic items (100 points total)
4 units worth of NG Spear/shields (each block is 5 x 8 models) so about 135 spear guys
2 x 20 NG archers with short bows
3 x 10 Goblin Spider Riders
1 x 10 Goblin Wolf Riders
6 x Snotling bases
3 x Trolls
1 x Giant
9 x NG Fanatics with Ball and Chain
2 x Goblin spear chukkas
I am definately looking forward to the new V3 rules now. The changes talked about from those lucky enough to have already received their free copies of the mini rulebook seem to have enhanced the game a lot. I made a FoW order from Maelstrom games here in the UK a couple of days ago and look forwward to receiving my free mini rulebook from them. I will try and get it bound as soon as I can (to stop it from cracking and falling apart if opened too far as I hear from others). Well, to concentrate one one aspect of the FoW game I know nothing about I am going to add in a US sniper team when I get the opportunity. Here is a piccie of a base I have put together from parts left over in the US Rifle Company box set (an excellent value set I may add as you get a HQ with two bazook stands, two rifle platoons and a Weapons platoon with 4 LMGs and 3 light Mortars).
Can’t wait to get the bases painted up now! Guess that is my next project – to get 600 points of US and German forces from Dogs and Devils up and painted….
The picture was taken with my old phone cam which seems to be able to handle manually adjusting the close-in focus unlike the newer one (both Nokia’s).
I have spent bits of spare time over the last three weeks painting up the 250+ goblins needed for a friendly game. Looks like this is going to be postponed now for a little while so it gives me more time to get this small(!) job completed before moving on to the next project.
Sorry for the poor quality image – it’s from my new phone cam. I need to get something better sorted out soon…