I got to finish off the shading and basing in the 8 days ready for the game. The basing was just static grass, nothing fancy and aided by one of my kids to speed things up. I had some fun with the shading. My tin of dip had gone off (the last half-inch was a dark goo that was unusable. I used some sepia wash instead, then had to repaint the areas of white that were left with pooled wash. I repeated the wash but more carefully then tidied up the last few blemishes. At that point I had to call a halt. Some 28 hours in the end to get 84 models done ( a couple more than i needed to use on that day).
Here are some pictures…..