The Old Giant

Home » 25-28mm scale models » Progress on Saga BTD Camels

Progress on Saga BTD Camels

The Old Giant

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 51 other followers

Blog Stats

  • 182,273 hits

Last weekend I found some time to get my nine Blacktree Design Camels mainly painted. Here is my http://www.sagatapestry.com review for these models… link.

Cleaning these up was a bit of a pain. There was more solid flash than I thought when I reviewed them which led to some serious work with craft knife, pliers(!) and a file. About 2 hours for all nine. The riders were pretty straightforward though, thankfully. Most of the time was spent on six of the camels hind legs, where the top meets the underside. Some solid blocks of metal were looking a bit ugly.

I superglued the camels to Renedra cavalry bases after flattening off the bottom of the base. Painting has been straightforward so far and I intend to wait to the end to glue on the rider and shield.

I will need to add some solid wire spears to some of the riders, I got some from gripping beast some time back as spares. You do get some wire in each pack of three but I prefer a more solid spear. At least the hands of the models were cast open and required almost no cleanup.

Here are some pictures…

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: